Monday, November 13, 2017

Beatties colour samples?


This slightly dusty pair of EFE lorries were described in the eBay auction as:

EFE Colour Trials

with the caveat:

I purchased these lorries many years ago and was told that they were "Colour Trials " I cannot prove this and have no provenance.

Fair enough. I paid the sort of money I'd be happy to part with were I simply planning to cut these up and repaint them as I used to do back in the 1990s.

They are an interesting pair. British Steel adorns the blue cab, Lofthouse the green. On the back of the sides, Beatties is printed. It's a proper Tampo job, not a dodgy transfer.

I can't think anyone would want a limited edition with the shop name on the back. Surely that defeats the purpose of the cab lettering?

Assuming they are what I've been told, they make a nice addition to the collection. Can anyone tell me more? 


No comments: